Trailside RV Kansas City Blog
- 1 0Published on Jan 28, 2015
RV Industry Facts
It is a good time to be a part of the RV industry. Shipments and sales are at he highest they have been in quite some time, and it doesn’t look like things will be slowing down anytime soon. With the economy trending upwards and more discretionary income to purchase RVs for consumers, people are starting to buy RVs at a higher rate over the last 5-7 years.
We figured we would give you some interesting stats and put them together in an infographic so you could see just how cool RVing can be. Some of these stats may surprise you, while others you may agree with. All stats were taken from rvia.org, which conducts numerous amounts of research on the RV industry.
If you can’t see the infographic or just want ot have all of the statistics in text form, we have provided the stats below in an easy to read bullet form.
- 8.9 million households own an RV in the United States
- The median income of an RV owner is $62,000
- 165,700 Units were shipped in 2009
- 285,749 Units were shipped in 2012
- 356,700 Units were shipped in 2014
- Since 2012, shipments of all RV Units have risen more than 40%
- 40% have a child under the age of 18 living in their home
- 20% of all households in the entire USA say they plan to buy an RV at some point in their life
- Of people who already own an RV, 28 percent of people say they will buy another one
- The Typical age of an RV owner is 42 years old
- 9.3% of people aged 55 or older own an RV
- 11.2 % of people aged 32-54 own an RV. This group of people make up the most RV owners.